Having recently being lent the deeds by the current owner we have now added a brief summary of the property at 62 Gloucester Road which is now called 'Pippins'. It was previously called 'Trewern' and then 'Elmhurst'. Click here to read more
We have just added a searchable database of the baptisms, marriages and burials covering the period 1740 to 1812. The records include Thornbury, Oldbury and Falfield. We hope to add more records in the coming months. The database can be found on Thornbury Roots 2 website.
We have now added a page about Morton Mill to our website and two pages about the families who were associated with it. Four generations of the Whitfield family owned this mill from 1797. Click here to read about Morton Mill
We have created a compilation of the monumental inscriptions in this old chapel from a list created in 2003 by Alf Beard (copied from the Wishful Thinking website) and a list made more recently by Roger Howell. The new list is available on our Thornbury Roots 2 website or by clicking here
We've been holding back from adding any new pages to the website because the site has got too big to manage and maintain. We've finally added the history of the Anchor at Morton.
A couple of new pages added for Poultrybrook Farm which was located at the bottom of Daggs Allotments off the High Street. The farm lay derelict for some time before being demolished in the 1960s or 1970s. The land was later acquired by the Town Council in 20o5 to provide an extension to the Mundy [...]